Sunday, January 30, 2011

How this Blog Works...

Because Beth raised the question as a comment in one of the posts below, a little explanation on how this Blog is supposed to work:

The most important page is the Home(page), the others i.e. JRRTolkien, Works by JRRT, Blog Authors are static pages.
Posts are published on the Home(page). Everyone who is listed as author should be able to post there. All other users and the authors as well can leave "comments" to posts by simply using the comment-link below each post. then you can also read what others commented on various posts (which also works when using the title as a link).
I suggest that (like it was in the forum), if someone wants to create a new "topic" he/she makes a "post" - others answer and talk about it via "comments".
The "General Discussion and News [:'month':]" post will be added by me (or someone else if I can't) at the start of every month as a new way of "Random News"...

The static pages are supposed to be filled within the coming weeks (see the "Help Me fill the Blog-Pages"-post). Works by JRRT is already done and the Blog-Authos list will be updated when necessary. If there is anyone who has the time to write a little bit for the JRRTolkien-biography-page I would be very happy !
These pages are not supposed to be changed but only updated from time to time - all contributions welcome !

I hope that this will answer the most important questions to all....
For all other matters use the "comments" ;-)
telco

5 comments:

  1. little update: there is also the possibility to create other static-pages ! if anyone has a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added a Book-Reviews page, which is supposed to list book-summaries and reviews. anyone can add to this !

    ReplyDelete
  3. and one more update for today: only the last 12 posts are shown on the homepage ! the others can be accessed via the Blog-Archive (see the sidebar)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Telco, thanks very much for the info! I was also a bit unsure of how to do things around here, not to upset the balance of the blog. After all, this is different from a forum.

    I like the idea of the book reviews, I was thinking about it myself last night! I don't really have any book that I've read so recently I could make a review, but I'll definitely contribute as I complete some reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Guys! I am glad to finally join the blog. It will take some getting used to, but I am glad about this!

    ReplyDelete