Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Tolkien Books 2011

There are some reprints and new editions that will be published in 2011 - and the list will certainly grow...

J.R.R.Tolkien A Biography - by Humphrey Carpenter - HarperCollins reprint publ. 28/04/2011
Tolkien and the Great War - by John Garth - HarperCollins reprint publ. 28/04/2011

Tolkien Studies, An Annual Scholarly Review, Vol. 8 - edited by D A Anderson, V Flieger and M D C Drout - published 2011 (exact date TBA)

More Updates to come !

4 comments:

  1. Where can we buy the Tolkien Studies? Amazon does not have the latest ones, but I'm sure there's some place where they are available...

    I only managed to purchase the first volume some time ago, so I'm way behind and I don't have money for the others right now, but I'd like to know where to go in case I get some spending power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best (and only way i know) to purchase all tolkien-studies-volumes is via the publishers homepage:
    http://wvupressonline.com/journals/tolkien_studies
    costs are at USD60 within the US and USD70 everywhere else !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested in buying them as well....
    I am doing a reasearch project dealing with Humanities, and I am deciding whether to do it on Icelandic Sagas, or Tolkien.
    If I decide on Tolkien they would help me a lot!

    Was the first volume worth it, John? What type of material do they contain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. although i'm non john, i will feel free to answer:
    all of the volumes contain scholarly essays by various well known tolkien-scholars. some also contain previously unpublished material by j.r.r.tolkien himself.
    there are book reviews, a bibliography of tolkien and tolkien-connected books and various other things. an index of all volumes can be found on the homepage mentioned above....

    ReplyDelete